Make your Harlaxton experience even richer by adding an internship. You will both study and gain valuable real-life experience by interning in the UK! Students receive personalized service through the pre-departure process and an onsite internship coordinator to help with questions and issues along the way, making the Harlaxton Internship program an experiential learning program that you will love!
Examples of Internship Options
- English Heritage – Be a part of the team discovering the history, conservation, development, local planning, and daily life in the English Manor House.
- The historic Country House – Ever wonder how country homes are run like businesses? Use your skills in business, art, history, and more to help these beautiful homes stay vibrant and operational.
- The English Garden and Pleasure Grounds – Historic homes are complimented by beautiful gardens. Get your hands into the running of an English Garden from conservation to the business of stately homes.
- The Business of Hospitality – Imagine working to deliver events in the historic and spectacular setting of Harlaxton Manor! You can bring your skills to analyze, create, streamline, and deliver weddings, conferences, galas and more.
- Work, Politics and Culture in the United Kingdom – Go back in time to understand how homes and landscapes defined Britain as a country and the British as a people. Bring the social history of Harlaxton and other stately homes to life while researching and interacting with the local area.
- Library and Archives – Harlaxton Manor has so much to teach us! Use your detective skills as an archivist, historian, artist, conservationist, or analyst to bring the manor back to life!
Students continue to take two courses, including our beloved British Studies course, and have time to travel widely in the true Harlaxton tradition!
How the application process works for an internship at Harlaxton
- Step 1:
- Complete the application for the Internship experience. This application will give you the opportunity to tell us your goals and requirements for an internship. We want to make sure we have the right placement for you! Apply Now.
- Step 2:
- The Harlaxton internship coordinator will schedule a call to hear more about your interest and determine if the program is right for you!
- Step 3:
- Once you are approved for your internship, you will complete all of your pre-departure work on myHarlaxton.
- Step 4:
- Getting your Tier 4 Visa. The Harlaxton office will help you with the Tier 4 Visa needed to complete an internship in the UK. This Visa cost is approximately $525 with additional costs for travel for a visa appointment. These fees are in addition to your study abroad program fees. There may also be additional fees for transportation to and from your internship site.