Thank you for your interest in a vacancy with Harlaxton College.
Temporary Housekeeping Assistant
A new and temporary opportunity has arisen at Harlaxton College for a temporary Housekeeping Assistant to join the Housekeeping team. This role will work between our experienced Cleaners in the Manor and our skilled Stewards. This is a temporary position that we envisage will support us until the end of August.</
Working within a unique setting across 300 acres, Harlaxton Manor was built in the 1830’s for wealthy Nottinghamshire businessman, Gregory Gregory and is now home to the University of Evansville. The Manor boasts an Elizabethan style and requires someone with the experience of cleaning and maintaining high standards of cleanliness within a similar setting. This role will require someone to undergo tasks such as heavy lifting of furniture and spending a lot of time on their feet and at times will be working at height.
The opportunity is working 20 hours per week across Thursday to Sunday and will require someone who is physically fit to carry out the daily tasks. The role also includes:
- Carrying out cleaning of student and state bedrooms, making beds, emptying bins, dusting and hoovering etc.
- Executing the change around of rooms, whether this be setting up for a wedding or the closure of a student event, this will require lifting of tables and chairs, steaming and waxing large floor areas, assisting with the cleaning of high to reach areas
- Maintaining cleanliness around the Manor and adopting the ‘never walk past a problem’ approach
- Working with the Cleaners and Stewards to support them during a high demanding period of the summer
What You Will Need:
- Experience of cleaning in a similar setting
- Knowledge of products and what products can be used on antique furniture is not essential but is advantageous
- A keen eye for detail with a professional manner
- A cautious approach with a focus on health and safety around the Manor
- The ability to work closely in a team and collaborate between the cleaning team and steward team
Job Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week across Thursday to Sunday
Salary: £9.60 per hour
Wedding and Events Coordinator
Do you have experience of coordinating weddings and events? Are you super organized with good attention to detail? Are you seeking a new challenge with the opportunity to work in a stunning Manor house? Then we may just have the role for you!
Harlaxton Manor are seeking an experienced Wedding and Events Coordinator to join a small yet growing Events Team.
Constructed in 1831, Harlaxton Manor is a dramatic and unforgettable country house set within 300 acres of parkland and gardens in rural Lincolnshire. Harlaxton Manor has held many weddings, celebrations and parties, offering a wide range of styles that can be tailored to make the perfect venue. Whether it's big birthdays in conservatory with canapes and champers or large weddings to cater over 100 people in the marvelous Great Hall. Harlaxton Manor has it all!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the entire wedding lifecycle from initial enquiry to taking feedback following a successful wedding day
- Looking after corporate events, Manor events and filming and photo shoots taking place in and around the exquisite grounds
- Building strong, effective relationships with various departments across the Manor
- Managing casual staff during weddings and events and ensuring they are fully aware of day to day tasks and carrying out safety checks with each individual
- Undertaking administrative tasks such as; updating the wedding timeline and formal action plans, sending paperwork to clients either via email or in the post, creating supplier documentation etc
- Communicating clearly to the Events and Marketing Manager to discuss any amendments and ensuring other team members or departments are aware of changes
What the candidate will need to succeed:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally for a stately home but this is not essential
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail and be able to communicate clearly both written and verbal
- The capability to deliver a high standard of service and be a good problem solver
- The ability to meet deadlines and have a hands on approach
- The flexibility to cover a number of weekends and evenings
This is a demanding role yet extremely rewarding and a fantastic opportunity to work for a stunning venue. As ever with the weddings and events industry this role will require weekend and evening work. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please do submit your latest CV.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £22,000.00 per year
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Harlaxton College for a House Tutor to live and wtutpor ork in the beautifully unique setting of Harlaxton Manor.
Situated within a unique setting across 300 acres, Harlaxton Manor was built in the 1830’s for Gregory Gregory, a wealthy Nottinghamshire businessman, and has recently celebrated its 50th year of ownership to the University of Evansville. Its architecture, which combines elements of Jacobean and Elizabethan styles with symmetrical Baroque massing, renders the mansion unique among surviving Jacobethan manors.
Today, Harlaxton College is the University of Evansville’s study abroad centre. Welcoming students from the United States to live, study and breathe British culture in their very own Stately Home. Offering two semesters per year and small summer programmes, each semester can accommodate up to 170 students. The study abroad programme provides students with first class courses to study and the benefit of being able to visit many places across the UK and Europe.
Working from the newly developed Student Experience Office (SEO), this is the real epicentre of the student’s journey whilst studying at Harlaxton College.
This is an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same, reporting to the Student Experience Manager[RB1] , this non-teaching role will include:
- Working closely with the Student Experience Manager to devise and develop future plans for a robust and consistent Student Experience
- Liaising with the Management Team with regards to any changes or student updates
- Working as a team with the British and US Harlaxton faculty to ensure students are completing work on time and attending classes
- Provide guidance and support to students, helping them to flourish in the Harlaxton community
- Oversee the SEO’s Interns, from selection in conjunction with the Student Experience Manager to on-site training, support and development throughout their Harlaxton Internship
- Dealing with on-site student issues both during the day and during the night and working with the appropriate colleagues to resolve issues
- Carry out first line pastoral care and report any information, with permission, to the College Counselor and/or College Nurse
- Going above and beyond to ensure students are taking advantage of their time Harlaxton College
- Being proactive in receiving feedback from students to make any improvements if needed
- Act as trip courier for British Culture Trips and day/overnight excursions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Enthusiasm and a desire to provide our students with a high-quality service during their stay at Harlaxton College
- Strong experience of working in a similar role, working within a private school setting would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and particularly being able to prioritize responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Good leadership skills and experience of growing a well-rounded team
- Being able to work under pressure, dealing with tight time constraints and working unsupervised
- Being health and safety conscious to ensure students security, health and wellbeing are paramount, this includes being onsite in the Manor and offsite on school trips and weekends away
- Great relationship building skills. This role will enable the successful candidate to work with every department in the Manor and will require some persuading and negotiating skills to come into play
Perks and Benefits:
- 35 days annual leave (inc. bank hols)
- Furnished lodging, and three meals a day (provided during term-time)
- Free gym and sports hall facilities
- Access to a shuttle service into Grantham town centre,
- Free laundry facilities
- Working in a beautiful, unique setting on the outskirts of Grantham
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a real challenge! Joining a forward thinking, innovative business whilst being able to create a world class service to students.
The hours will be based on 40 hours per week, but these will be worked flexibly according to the needs of the role. You should also be able to commit to working days/nights/weekends as required and to serve in an on-call capacity as part of a staff duty rotation to assist the Security team with any emergencies that may arise. This role is a ‘live in’ role and suitable on-site accommodation will be available for the successful candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10,000.00 per year
For our main address and general enquiries:
Lincolnshire, NG32 1AG
Telephone: +44 1476 403000 (24 hours)
Fax: +44 1476 403030