Thank you for your interest in a vacancy with Harlaxton College.
Do you enjoy the outdoors and Gardening? Do you have a passion for flowers and exotic plants? Then this may just be the role for you! Harlaxton College are seeking an experienced Gardener with excellent plant and flower knowledge to join the Gardening Team!
Situated within a unique setting across 300 acres, Harlaxton Manor was built in the 1830’s for Gregory Gregory, a wealthy Nottinghamshire businessman, and is now home to the University of Evansville. Its architecture, which combines elements of Jacobean and Elizabethan styles with symmetrical Baroque massing, renders the mansion unique among surviving Jacobethan manors. A suitably experienced Gardener is now required to assist with maintaining the wide variety of gardens and grounds whilst assisting the Gardening and Maintenance Manager with daily tasks and future projects.
This rare and exciting opportunity will be working 40 hours per work and will require someone who is physically fit to carry out the daily tasks. The role also includes:
- Researching and identifying the plant and flower lifecycle across the grounds at Harlaxton College
- Ordering relevant flowers and plants based on time of year and weather expectations
- Understanding seasonal horticulture and the upkeep of flowers, bushes etc
- Assisting the Gardening team with grass mowing using a wide range of machinery such as a Tractor Mower, Ride on mower, Pedestrian mowers, Strimmers and Bank Mowers
- Maintaining the grounds with weeding, sweeping, raking and pruning
- Being proactive with garden events and providing members of the public with knowledge on the grounds and beautiful gardens of Harlaxton
What You Will Need
- Strong experience and a proven working knowledge of having worked in a gardening capacity for a stately home or large estate
- Excellent knowledge in plants and flowers with an interest in researching new varieties and future plant and flower arranges for the grounds
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Working within in a unique, distinctive, beautiful surrounding
- 35 days annual leave
- Use of the well-equipped gym and sports hall facilities
- Training and development opportunities
- Work uniform is provided
Please note this role will be working Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. We will require flexibility around these hours when it comes to planned events. Strictly no recruitment agencies and if you do not receive a response within 3 weeks of applying to assume you were unsuccessful.
Security and Assistance Officer
This role is based on a 5 week rota with varying shift patterns, averaging 25.6 hours a week and will require flexibility to cover holidays and sickness. The successful candidate will be required to work through the night and across weekends.
With a unique setting across 300 acres, Harlaxton Manor was built in the 1830’s for wealthy Nottinghamshire business person, Gregory Gregory and is now home to the University of Evansville. The Manor boasts an Elizabethan style and requires an experienced Security and Assistance Officer to protect the grounds, the employees and students who study in the Manor.
The opportunity will be securing the buildings and grounds of the Manor across the varied shifts as well as offering assistance to residents, guests and employees.
The role also includes:
- Patrolling all College and Manor property in a vigilant manner throughout the external areas of buildings, grounds, internal communal areas and the residential floors
- Responding immediately to any security breaches and emergency situations
- Monitoring telephones and CCTV cameras and any other specialised security equipment
- Being the person responsible for the building and grounds when on duty
What You Will Need
- Previous experience of securing premises including CCTV monitoring, dealing with security breaches and patrolling large areas
- Resilience and motivation whilst being able to work alone during nightshifts
- Flexibility to cover holidays and sickness
- A firm, friendly and professional approach with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Working for Harlaxton College is rewarding and this role will have the opportunity to offer overtime, however, this cannot be guaranteed. This opportunity is being offered on an hourly rate and monthly pay based on an average of 25.6 hours per week.
If you have not received a response from your application after 3 weeks of applying to please assume you have not been successful. No agencies please. All CV’s are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our main address and general enquiries:
Lincolnshire, NG32 1AG
Telephone: +44 1476 403000 (24 hours)
Fax: +44 1476 403030